Friday, March 4, 2011

Toward daylight this morning I had a dream that we once again owned ducks.  Not the same ducks we had before. This time we had an even wider array, and as dreams are wont, some variations approached the absurd, not only in body configuration, but also offspring, for they hatched chicks instead of ducklings.

I had laid out my clothes last night, and when DW laid eyes on me fully dressed, she was pleased. "My, don't you look handsome!" From my city eyeglasses to wing-tipped brogues,  not a thread of Carhaart was to be found on my body.

On my way out of town, I stopped to get a couple lottery tickets at the same place I get them every week. Ladies: "You clean up real good!"

I was prepared.

Except Friday turned out to have happened Thursday. Despite my earlier confusion this week, this was no fault of my own.

Still, I looked the part.

No comments: