Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Caught and Recapturing

No sooner than I had typed the ellipsis at the end of yesterday's post, I fell ill. Well, I didn't fall, but I did lay down for eight or nine hours. Gut bug. I blame the conference, perhaps one of the attendees or poor food handling. Eight more hours of sleep and I'm better now. Better.

I imagined last night what it would be like if my hair grew as fast as my lawn. Of course, if it did, I thought that it should also go to seed. I shuddered at the thought. Or it might have been a slight fever.

That lawn. I should have mowed it five days ago, and even then it was too long for the bagger attachment. Now it is as long as it was the first time I could mow it this year. As is my list of other to-dos.

Soon, my impatient one, soon.

I hate getting sick. And to make matters worse, the sun is shining.

I had a plan.

And tomorrow is DW's birthday. Luckily, some forethought went into it and I'm just a tad behind. The paint is still drying.

The essay is pretty much done, although I wouldn't recommend writing under the influence of NyQuil.

I suppose I'll get to the outside work on Friday. I have plant starts and seed packets. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Must be excitement.

I'll probably know for sure tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I really like your blog and would like to get in contact with you concerning an opportunity.
If you are interested please feel free to contact me via email.
Best
Anna
anna@geeko-promotions.com

Memphis MOJO said...

She likes my blog, too, and has an opportunity for me. I think I'll pass.