Thursday, April 21, 2011

I have to make this quick. Short, but in a different manner than what I may have been on the phone just now.

He had his wife call, I know it. Her question was bad enough, indicating a cluelessness that leads me to think they might be on some sort of suicide mission. But surely he knew I would ask if the soil under those new hoop houses had sufficiently dried so I could come over with my tractor and tiller and prep the ground. You know, my tractor with the crawl gear required for a deep till. You know, a deep till that allows for better root growth penetration. You know, penetration that in turn leads to better production.

But no, his big ass 3-speed with that monstrous thing behind it was good enough for a third year of folly.

I told her he was a stubborn SOB and it didn't phase her. I told her about the root issue and she ignored it.

I wonder who they will in turn give the supplies we have given them, for I'm afraid they don't have a prayer.

3 comments:

TenMile said...

Hunter Gardner Angler Cook had a post up he titled: How to prepare a Gizzard.

bastinptc said...

They do raise chickens, and he has used a gun a couple times...

KenP said...

You showed your art in the wrong galleries. Do you have something in olive drab?

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/04/20/army-scraps-600000-toad-art-project