Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Progress on "Otherwise Seamless"


If you've been following the progress of this piece of video work, you'll recognize the scenes that I have included in this mosaic. This is a shortened version. YouTube has time and file size limitiations.

As I collected the different clips, I began to think about how to display them were they ever to be in an exhibition space. My initial thought was to string the clips together into a longer segment, and make four different tracks that could be offset on four different monitors set up in much the same way the mosaic is. However, there are at least two other clips that will be part of the final piece, the ants and fire, and securing six monitors and DVD players can present a challenge to exhibition space. Therefore, I chose to make the mosaic. My friend, Ashley Hunt, gave me a quick tutorial on how to edit the the tracks together.

No comments: