Monday, June 15, 2009

A little more sittin'


The birds were few and far between, but there are always the polywogs to ponder.

Your first glimpse at one of the Cedar Waxwings.

A little later, while taking Annie for a walk, there were more by the pond. They were kind enough to wait for my return with the camera to take this blur. They are about 40 feet away and I'm shooting with my maximum 20x optical zoom, which translates into over 500mm. I can't imagine the patience nature photographers must have. Probably like being card dead for a couple months... so maybe I can.

5 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

"I can't imagine the patience nature photographers must have. Probably like being card dead for a couple months... so maybe I can."

Heheh

KenP said...

You might think about a monopod. It gives stability without having to lug a lot.

The one I have is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002RBQO0/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Memphis MOJO said...

I have a monopod and keep it in the trunk of my car.

Of course, everytime I need it, it's in the trunk of my car, if you catch my drift.

It is light and easy to carry, I just need to remember to do so.

bastinptc said...

My tripod breaks down into a monopod. I tried it for a bit but found it awkward to use in a close quarters situation like I have at the pond. I'm sitting and the birds sometimes land behind me. And one has to act fast as they don't stick around long. Therefore, I resort to hand held.

Memphis MOJO said...

"Therefore, I resort to hand held."

And it's one less thing to mess with.