Monday, June 8, 2009

The Money Hole

I've written about this place several times. I suppose I could link such a time. My fishing buddy, Steve and I hit it today for the first time this season — summer steelhead season.

We call it the money hole for a reason. We rarely walk away without a fish. Today we went fishless, as we determined we might have been too early for the run. Either that or the fish just weren't in the mood. No problem. We have all summer.

Upstream

Across the stream

The hole itself. Maybe 30 feet from shore to shore. Starts deep at the top, about 15 feet, and the tail out is about 5 feet deep. 120 feet of some of the best water in Western Oregon.

5 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

If the fish are playing hardball, i have two words for you Mr B. Dynamite.

Just watch your fingers eh.



FG

Memphis MOJO said...

Haha to what Gump said.

I can see nice detail when I click to enlarge the photos. I love your camera.

bastinptc said...

FG- So much for the quiet part of the solitude.

MM - I'm dropping these image files down to 1M in Photoshop. You should see them at 4M.

Crash said...

I saved the top one to my desktop and looked at the info: 634k and 1600x1200

Forrest Gump said...

B, as the past Prez would say, if the fish aren't with you they're against you. Therefore, all necessary force is required. In this case though, water-boarding might not be successful.