Tuesday, April 14, 2009

CrAcey

I was 3-tabling PLO at Stars for a bit, trying to determine on which two of the three I would settle for a spell. I’m not a big fan of playing any more than two tables at once, especially PLO, as my feeble mind cannot handle that much stimulation for a long stretch. I like to gaze at my hand for a while without seeing the clock start and distract me. As long as I’m folding, folding, folding, I do fine, yet if I have more than one playable hand at a time, I go a little nuts. So, what do I do when I get pocket Aces seemingly hand after hand?

The hand history I downloaded was all of 36 hands, which translates into less than a full round at each table.

Hand #9 [Ah As Kc 3s]. I raised from MP, two callers, flop was 3c 6c 6s, safe enough. My pot-sized bet takes it down.

Hand #15 [Ad Ac Td 2d]. I call a raise from the BB, 4 players in, checks all around to the river and my 2xBB bet takes it down.

Hand #17. I’ll let the hand converter tell the story.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($6.20)
Hero (UTG) ($9.75)
UTG+1 ($17.10)
MP1 ($12.20)
MP2 ($7.50)
MP3 ($11)
CO ($9.40)
Button ($6.30)
SB ($6.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6, A, A, J

Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 bets $0.55, 2 folds, Button calls $0.55, SB calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.45, MP1 raises to $3.40, MP2 calls $2.85, Button calls $2.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.85

Flop: ($14.25) 9, 5, A (4 players)

Hero bets $6.35 (All-In), 1 fold, MP2 calls $4.10 (All-In), Button calls $2.90 (All-In)

Turn: ($25.35) 9 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($25.35) Q (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $25.35 | Rake: $1.20

Results:

Button mucked 10, 10, 9, 7 (three of a kind, nines).

Hero had 6, A, A, J (full house, Aces over nines).

MP2 mucked 8, 5, 7, 3 (two pair, nines and fives).

Outcome: Hero won $24.15


Following Hwang’s advice, I’m not going to go too crazy with Aces from EP. Yet with one suited, I’m not going away if there is action preflop. Some crazy shit in this hand, to be sure. The guy that limped after me re-raises the pot? I thought that more fireworks would ensue, yet the LP players chose to call, which I was just as happy to do. After that, it was a no-brainer. Thank you Second 9!

Hand #26 [3d Ah Ad Ts]. I call a raise from MP, three to the flop of 2s 8h 2d, my half pot bet takes it down.

Hand #27 [Ts As Ad 2h]. I limp from EP. Three players in, again checked to the river with a board of[ Qs Kd 7h 5c Jc]. A whole 35 cents.

Finally, things slowed down, I chose my two tables, and then thought to myself, what the hell, I’ll write up a poker post for my blog. It’s been a while, and when was the last time Aces held up so many times in a row?

No comments: