Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Up late looking for reasons to not be. Refreshing the radar to see what’s next. We’ve had a few storms pass through in the last 48 hours, and maybe the worst is passed. The power went yesterday, once from lightening for a large area and another time as a branch clipped a line just down the road. It was then I decided to drag out the generator, the extension cords already coiled where they lie from last year. One pull and it fired. Not a small joy. We were ready, and have been. Not that I think everything that could go wrong has and has been remedied, but it’s time I close that window and get on with other distractions within more of my control.

Firstly, if you haven’t done so already, you’ll want to read the last two posts on Thane. Start with yesterday. I’ll not put on a reviewer’s mask here and leave it for you to enjoy on your own terms.

On the queue is something I wish to introduce not for shock value, and instead beg a generosity that I do not recommend things lightly, and although opening myself to a particular pun, additionally assure the reader that my sensibilities run a gamut when it comes to appreciation.
Besides that, poker wasn’t too shabby tonight.

1 comment:

TenMile said...

Well, that was certainly un-looked for. Seen none the less. Thank you.

The music never heard 'til now. The muse is: Intergrate the music with a reading of the story on a video voice over.

::)) And it does beat a village of slaughtered children.