Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ghosts in the machine

I've been playing the mini-minis in PLO while I adjust my game. It hurts less. And, as it turns out, it can be a lot more pleasurable time. With some of the pressure off, the chat flows a bit more readily.

YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "freakyboo"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "do you sleep at all lol"
No response. FREAKYBOO does seem to be on the tables any time I show up. His avatar is an illustration of a face close-up. The face seems to be missing flesh everywhere except the tip of its nose.
Man/nantuket said, "he had flush"
Man/nantuket said, "my trips no good"
APPAR1T10N said, "probably. but i wanted u to conquer him."
APPAR1T10N said, "w a JT"
Man/nantuket said, "kj"
BenOni :o)o: said, "I'd like to write a book, too: "Why APPAR1T10N is talking so much on PLO?" *g*"
APPAR1T10N said, "delirium is setting in, my bro."
bastinptc said, "he's a friendly chap is all, we could use more like him"
BenOni :o)o: said, "Get-a-doc."
APPAR1T10N said, "i just thought it was kinda funny it took him that long to think of that comment"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "figures"
APPAR1T10N said, "seriously, like 15 minutes had passed"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "hey freakybot"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "where's darien located?"
Again, no response.
bastinptc said, "there's one in Illinois"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "oh"
(What's with all of these All caps nicks?)
bastinptc said, "I'll be the voice of Freakyboo tonite"
bastinptc said, "an "apparition" if you will"
APPAR1T10N said, "whoa wait, what happened?"
APPAR1T10N said, "oh gotcha"
bastinptc said, "go ahead ask freaky anything"
APPAR1T10N said, "was trying to check how many tables freakyboos sitting at."
bastinptc: folds - I don't plan on playing any hands in the next couple minutes. I'll be preoccupied with the chat.
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "ok"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "what happened to your face freakybot?"
APPAR1T10N said, "Hey, Freakyboo. Do you think the flowbee would be ok for trimming, you know...down there?"
bastinptc said, "flowbee happened to my face"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "lol"
APPAR1T10N said, "how come i cant find freakyboo? do caps count?"
bastinptc said, "as case sensitive as my exposed musculature"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "lolol"
APPAR1T10N said, "LOL"
BenOni :o)o: said, "*g*"

A lull in the conversation. I hit a set of tens in the SB and check. Appar1t1on takes a stab.
APPAR1T10N said, "i know the whole table missed that one"
bastinptc said, "not me"
APPAR1T10N said, "agh!!!"
He sooo wants to call my pot bet.
APPAR1T10N said, "oh man"
APPAR1T10N said, "u had the two case 10s"
No, the case ten was on the flop.
APPAR1T10N said, "I hit middle set and top and bottom pair"
APPAR1T10N said, "that was funny."
bastinptc said, "that was Omaha"
bastinptc said, "not here to clean folks out of pennies"
I lied. It's my favorite new line. Get them to like you...
bastinptc said, "here to have fun"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "freakyboo is though"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "he's playing like 9 tables"
APPAR1T10N said, "sh1t i am. im trying to build a bankroll"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "freakin freakyboo"
bastinptc said, "freakyboo is the paramount example of alienation of labor"
APPAR1T10N said, "lol"
YOUJUSTDOYOU said, "lol"
APPAR1T10N said, "frickin freakyboo"
Uncalled bet ($0.14) returned to bastinptc
APPAR1T10N said, "thats fun to say...frickin freakyboo"
bastinptc said, "BOO!"
And I call it a night.

Earlier in the session, before the chit-chat, I had a hand that is certainly the most memorable in recent play. The villain is a regular at this level. He knows how to play.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($4.47)
UTG+1 ($0.93)
MP1 ($2.08)
MP2 ($12.50)
CO ($3.59)
Button ($3.74)
SB ($4.98)
BB ($1.67)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7, 8, A, 9

Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.09) 2, 5, 6 (5 players)

BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.49) J (2 players)

Hero calls $0.90

River: ($1.39) J (2 players)

Hero checks

Total pot: $1.39 | Rake: $0.10

Results in white below:

SB had 4, 9, 7, 8 (one pair, Jacks).

Hero had 7, 8, A, 9 (one pair, Jacks).

Outcome: Hero won $2.60


The villain kept firing, but slowed down a bit on the turn and checked the river. Does he think I have a boat. Possibly. I could bet but I have squadush. A value-sized bet? Any call and I'm toast. Then it occurs to me... I could be ahead. Still, better safe than sorry on this one. Afterall, I'm not here to lose all of my pennies. And that's the truth.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

Some of the chats online are shit, but some are pretty creative. I enjoyed this one.