Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Past, Part 2

“So, I guess you’re going to go do some writing now.” DW and I had just had a pow wow about my day. You see, I had lunch with a Saluki today.

His name is Danny McCarty and he is one of the musicians from the band Entropic that I wrote about yesterday. As it turns out, he now lives in Oregon as well, and it just so happened that he was going to be driving down I-5 today on his way to California.

I haven’t seen Danny in 22 years, not since he stopped in for a visit to Chicago, and now it seems that I just saw him last week. I’m not going to go into great detail about our conversation, but suffice it to say that though our lives have taken decidedly different trajectories, we connected. He is going to come out to the farm on his return trip. He gets to meet DW! I’d better get crackin’ on those farm clean-up chores.



We took pictures of each other and with each other. Nice camera, eh? When I showed this picture to DW, she comments that we could be brothers, what with the facial hair. What do you think?



On a tangential note, I have also communicated with the drummer from David and the Happenings. He just happens to be an Emmy Award-winning director now. I wrote him to ask if he had any idea of what happened to the Bad Dads recordings. Sadly, even though he had them in his possession at one point, his roomie absconded with them and has no idea what happened to them. (I’ve overused “happen.” Sue me.)

More people are coming out of the woodwork now that I’ve posted an email address. I already can tell that there is going to be some wheat and chaff action.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

All these happenings are interesting (and to me as a Saluki). You are right about them being everywhere.

I often wear a Saluki ball cap or sweatshirt and it's common for someone to approach and say "MY girlfriend's uncle went to S.I.U." or something similar.