Sunday, February 8, 2009

Working it out

I was waiting for a seat in the 10PLO room and although perhaps ill-advised to do so, I played up a level, telling myself that I would play cautiously. I must say that the times I have played up a level, I have not noticed an appreciable change in the skill level. Yet, since I have built my roll back up a bit since the meltdown last week, and didn't want to repeat the melodrama.


PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com



saw flop | saw showdown



UTG ($9.35)

UTG+1 ($30.35)

MP1 ($14.25)

MP2 ($13.45)

CO ($22.90)

Hero (Button) ($24.65)

SB ($13.05)

BB ($19.40)



Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 10, 6, A

1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

There is nothing particularly stellar about my hand. I am merely playing position at this point.

Flop: ($1.25) 7, 5, 10 (5 players)

Two pair is not too bad, although I'd rather have top two at this point. I have to see where I'm at:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, BB calls $1, 1 fold, MP1 calls $1

Not so surprising, really. 89 is calling, as is 68. A set would have raised.

Turn: ($4.25) J (3 players)

BB checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero calls $1, BB raises to $3.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.50

Another little feeler and I'm certain I'm looking at 89, a set that has just hit or a better two pair. More than likely its the first option as the board does not favor aggression from the other options. Yet, they cannot be ruled out.

Should I have folded? If my read is correct, I have thirteen outs: the 10s and 5s and hearts. There is $7.65 in the pot and for an additional $2.50, I am getting just short of 3:1, and should I hit, if he feels that strongly about his hand, I may be getting implied odds as well.

River: ($12.25) 4 (2 players)

BB bets $6, Hero raises to $12, BB calls $6



Total pot: $36.25 | Rake: $1.75

The more I think about this hand, I begin to wonder if I should discount my 10s and 5s as outs, given the potential of better two pairs or, say, a set of Jacks. I feel much more comfortable with the flush.



Results:

Hero had 5, 10, 6, A (flush, Ace high).

BB mucked 3, 9, A, 8 (flush, Jack high).

Outcome: Hero won $34.50

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Besides the money, it's a nice little confidence booster.

The hand converter is working nicely, too. Thx for using.

Anonymous said...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ryanfee/fees6max.pdf

food for thought

tell me what you guys think

bastinptc said...

Thanks Aki. I'll take a look.