Friday, February 13, 2009

Quad nines?

In yesterday’s post I wrote about a hand with Sausager. I rivered a fourth King to cooler his set of Aces. Last night I had this hand:

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
SB ($23.75)
BB ($3.90)
Hero (UTG) ($10.30)
UTG+1 ($8.45)
MP1 ($4.85)
MP2 ($9.80)
MP3 ($6.05)
CO ($10.70)
Button ($5.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A, 5, Q

Hero calls $0.10, 5 folds, Button calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) A, K, 9 (4 players)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Turn: ($1.20) 9 (2 players)

Hero bets $1.15, Button calls $1.15

River: ($3.50) 8 (2 players)

Hero bets $3.35, Button raises to $3.65 (All-In), Hero calls $0.30

Total pot: $10.80 | Rake: $0.50

Results:

Button had 2, 7, K, K (full house, Kings over nines).

Hero had A, A, 5, Q (full house, Aces over nines).

Outcome: Hero won $10.30


Sausager was at the table.

Sausager said, "bastin"
bastinptc said, "yes?"
Sausager said, "HE didnt catch a fourth king"
Sausager said, "lol"
Sausager said, "just teasing"

I told him that I had posted about the hand with him and gave him the blog address. According to sitemeter, it appears he visited. Everyone say “hi” to Sausager! A nice chap.

On a separate note, I wandered over to Full Tilt to see what their micro PLO games were like and to enjoy a little anonymity. First had I flopped a made Broadway and potted it. One other player came along for the ride and the turn said he made is Broadway. No sense in building a pot now. I keep the bet low and he jams. I type in "Rake wins." I lose .65 on the hand and type again, "Did you enjoy losing money on that hand?" No response. Same thing happens two more times in short order. I'm over it and head back to my usual stomping grounds.

BTW, the roll is at an all time high.

4 comments:

Crash said...

Hello, Sausager!
Bastin is a nice guy and the blog is very interesting on a number of subjects. Come again.

matt tag said...

playing omaha seriously sounds like the worst form of torture to me. I can barely read opponents in Hold'em (and not well).

Instead of Omaha, here's my variant, we all get dealt 4 cards, then we each either fold or put $10 into the middle. Then we deal out 5 cards on the board and the best hand wins.

bastinptc said...

Thx Crash.

Matt, as I have said before, patience and paranoia are key assets in Omaha. It can be frustrating at times, especially when a player persists to the river to catch a baby flush (with no other outs) against a set. And then, of course, they leave the table.

Yet, just as such play in NLHE is -EV, it is a good thing in the long run. I make a note and move on, knowing that should we encounter each other again, there is a good chance that I will get my money back, with interest.

Memphis MOJO said...

hi sausager.