Tuesday, March 24, 2009


That's right. It's a Barn Owl! DW was out tending to the ducks this morning and called me to tell me about her exciting sighting. As I written in the past, we knew that an owl had been using the lean-to behind the barn, yet we had not seen it, until today. Now, if it will only set up house in the owl box in that same lean-to.


Built to specifications.


In other farm news, I tried out yesterday's idea for rearranging the shelves in the greenhouse. This is how I left them yesterday...


...and this is how they look now. I rotated the table to be in the center of the room. The table will hold larger plants like tomatoes and eggplant. There is another row of shelves behind those o the left. Hopefully this arrangement will allow more sunlight to reach the lower shelves. Regardless, I will have to keep an eye out for shady areas.


OK, now for a high level of self-disclosure. I am one of those guys who never put tools back where they belong. I know, I know. Consequently, I have a hard time finding, oh, let's say my bolt cutters, when I need them. In this picture, the bolt cutters happen to be in the bottom of the wagon, along with myriad other tools and supplies from a project I did last summer. That's right, last summer.


Now I know where every tool is. The only question remaining is how long the room will look this neat. Oh, and in case one is inclined to enlarge this picture for a closer look and wonders why I have an IV stand in my barn, it's for my Dremel. The round items currently hanging on it are fly traps for our fruit trees.

So, all-in-all, a good day. And now it's time to play some poker!

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice! With the photos, I feel like I'm right there!