Monday, October 5, 2009

Anticipating Las Vegas

Readers will remember that a little over a month ago I wrote about a friend, Ben Kramer, who had passed. Ben organized the Poker Academy Rendezvous in Las Vegas for a couple years. we missed having oe this last year, the economy being what it is and such. yet, with Ben's death, there was talk that we needed to do one one trip as a group to LV in his memory.

I have taken it upon myself to organize this trip. While none of the details have been worked out, we have enough interest in the event to say that it is "a go." Right now it looks like it will happen toward the end of March.

While six months may seem like a long time, as I look back upon the same period of time, I know March will be here sooner than I think, especially given my organizational skills. I am already excited.

I also know that I would not be able to do the excellent job Ben did, but there may not be a need to. Poker Academy is waning, and so is our need to engage in PA-related activities while in LV. What remains, at least for me, is a group of people I call friends whom share a game in common. And memories that include Ben. We share those as well.

I know I have a few readers who no longer play at PA. If interested in this meet-up. please contact me. And those bloggers/readers who have found their way to my blog and live in LV, if possible, I would love to meet all of you.

No comments: