Friday, October 30, 2009

Mini-Mart

I bought my monthly lottery ticket and was on my way out the door when the clerk asked, "Sir, do you drink beer?"

"Some. Why?"

She pointed to an item on the counter. I had to move to see it.

It's a good beer made by Rogue Brewing Company, but with a $70 price tag, I'll pass. However, were I to splurge, I might have to get a selection of foods to wash down.

By the end of the day, most of this will be gone (I resisted). In fact, the clerk had just restocked the corndogs. But I bet the beer will still be there.

9 comments:

Crash said...

Expanding the beer photo, the back shelves look like they could include Dapper Dan Hair Pomade.

Forrest Gump said...

True, i found myself looking at the shelf too. That was a whole lot 'o toe-backy.

Memphis MOJO said...

Even the second shot (with the compromised light) is sharp and you can see the tobacco through the glass. Glad you had your camera with you.

Cardgrrl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRO!
(Can't believe I didn't know...)

Many happy returns...

bastinptc said...

Thx Sis. No big deal made. It was a good day.

Memphis MOJO said...

Your birthday? Well, a belated HAPPY one to you!

Anonymous said...

when I splurge for good beer i go with whta the monks from belgium make for under a jackson.


otherwise give a henikken or guiness

aki

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's seventy. I looked on the net and it's under 10.

aki

bastinptc said...

I may be wrong about the price. It certainly seemed extreme. Maybe the little lock and keys provided are more expensive than they appear. I'll look again. I am certainly wrong about the brewery. Double bastard is from Stone Brewing in San Diego, not Oregon's own Rogue. The graphics threw me as they are very similar in style.