Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Before I go pick plums

DW called from upstairs that the California Quail covey was making a visit. I have been trying to get a decent picture of these birds for ages, and I still haven't. I had to take this shot through a window. Not the best optics. This little fellow was the lookout for the other nine birds.












Not really sure what this is all about. Pink camo Timberlands? Outside of the local liquor store, I might assign them to one of the women who work within were the ladies not so petite.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Taken through a window, so won't win any prizes, but you can see what it looks like, so serves its purpose.

I assume you mean the other birds would drive the quail off?

bastinptc said...

Dern ambiguities. That quail acted as the lookout for the other quail as they foraged.