Monday, September 21, 2009

Re-cap




A guy re-raises a shortie, they’re all-in when the bickering is over and he flops quads. “That’s the way it should always be.” I tell him he would then find himself playing Solitaire. Yeah, I like to chit-chat. And I like to take good chunks of stacks. And triple up. “Did you have Kings bas?” If I tell you, I’ll have to leave. The room had five people waiting, then zero. I was planning to bank anyway.

Feeling full of myself, I revisit PLO. Gump is sitting in a wild room and I take a seat to the left of the maniac. I do well but go cold on the inevitable spew. Then I’m back to even. Making a guy put 25% of his stack in to catch his flush doesn’t work as well here. I protect my set to no avail. No, I’m not calling that pot-sized bet on the turn with three diamonds now on the board. Others would. I would in the past. Not today. Nope. I just came to see my buddy Forrest Gump, and he left a few hands back.

That Gump is a funny guy.

I’ll be in the $10NL rooms if you need me.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Sounds like you're on a roll, nice.

bastinptc said...

I had another software update last night. Stopped me in my tracks. Just couldn't bring myself to sit. Writing is more fun.